This is a great post by Home Stager Kathy Streib. When working with buyers, there are times we have to go through the MLS sheet and by process of elimination, figure out what a room is supposed to be used for.
And, as Kathy mentioned below, sometimes buyers get confused as to where they're at because there's no real flow of the decor. We might be in a Tea Room one moment then in a Tropical Paradise the next. A Home Stager like Kathy Streib can certainly help home sellers figure out out to get their home ready for the market.
Kathy also points out that buyers want to know if their furniture will fit into the new home. I can't tell you how many times I've had buyers search for a home for specific pieces of furniture such as pianos, large tv and entertainment equipment or the heirloom dining room furniture. It is so helpful when home sellers have their homes show ready by de-cluttering, depersonalizing, organizing, re-arranging, and staging for a successful sale.
When it comes to your valuable Real Estate, don't go it alone. Call your Real Estate Professional who comes complete with a Team of Help and Experience!
Home staging tips in Palm Beach County... Why are you making your Buyers wonder and wander through your house?
Today's Buyer has a tough job... how to navigate through the many properties available and choose the one that fits their needs. If your property is one of those out there in the sea of houses on the market today, don't make it any harder for them.
1. Don't make your Buyer wonder what a room is for. Is it the dining room or office? Define your rooms either for their original purpose or help show your Buyer the possibility of the room.
The Seller returned what was being used as a bedroom to its original purpose.... an office.
2. Don't make your Buyer wonder if their furniture will fit. Clear the rooms of clutter and over-stuffed furniture so they can see the room!
3. Don't make your Buyer wonder how much it will cost them to repair, replace or update items in your house. Repair items that are broken or no longer work... replace missing fixtures and where possible make easy updates that will help a buyer see past a tally sheet of "To Do's".
1. Make sure your Buyers can find their way through a room. Create an easy flow with your furniture so the Buyer will not feel as if they're walking through a maze to get from one point to the other.
2. Let your Buyers flow through your house with "like" color palettes and decorating themes rather than wander through red themed Country French kitchen to an animal themed leopard print room and then on to an ultra contemporary family room.
3. Too many "things" in a room will make your Buyer's eyes wander from object to object, never really focusing on what's important... what the room has to offer.
Sellers- Don't make Your Buyers Wonder and Wander through your house!
To Help Guide You Through This, Contact Us at
Room Service! Home Staging
Keller Williams Preferred Realty
By Carla Freund Realty Team
Find Carla Freund Realty Team online:
Created by Quinky - Freepik.com
Contact Carla Freund, Broker, Keller Williams Preferred Realty, Licensed Realtor® in North Carolina at 919-602-8489 to list your property for sale or to purchase a property in Cary, Raleigh, Morrisville, Apex, Fuquay-Varina, Garner, Holly Springs, Pittsboro, Durham, Chapel Hill, Johnston County, and the surrounding areas.
Now accepting referrals.**Not meant as a solicitation to individuals already working with a Professional Real Estate Agent.**
Disclaimer: The information provided herein is supplied by several sources and is subject to change without notice. The Raleigh - Cary Home Reviews Blog, Keller Williams and Carla Freund does not guarantee or is any way responsible for its accuracy, and provides said information without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied. Entries on Raleigh - Cary Home Reviews represent the opinions and ideas of the author(s). Raleigh - Cary Home Reviews Blog does not express the views of Keller Williams, or those of the broker.
How can International Buyer Find Homes in Raleigh, Cary, Durham, Chapel Hill and Triangle Areas?
International Real Estate Search Translated into other Languages and Currencies: