Sellers Take Note:
There are many things a buyer cannot expect from sellers. However, Sellers need to know the honest truth about why Buyers are passing their homes by. Fellow Active Rainer Claudette put together this list that truly spells it out. If you can't remedy all of these things, consider taking care of as many as possible. Contact your professional Real Estate Agent for solutions to some of these and other common selling issues.
Ten Things Home Buyers Will Simply Not Tolerate Right Now
Anyone who can open a newspaper knows that we are currently in a buyer's market. If your home is for sale now there are some realities that you need to accept.
With the amount of inventory available and the fact that prices have dropped significantly, buyers are being very discerning about what they will put up with. The number choices in front of them will lead them to greener pastures if a property does not click immediately.
In this environment buyers do not have much patience with any of the following:
- Cigarette smoke - Since so many areas are smoke free these days people have become much more sensitive to the smell of it.
- Clutter or mess - It takes a special person to be able to see past piles of magazines, books, knick-knacks and too much furniture. Those buyers are usually accompanied by a construction crew.
- Outdated décor - flowered wallpaper, shag carpeting and dark paneling. These specialty items were great in their time but not many want to live with them right now.
- Property that is in need of repair - I showed a home that had a huge hole in the ceiling of the garage. That was all they needed to see before moving on. Buyers worry about just what something like this may be potentially leading to.
- Dark interiors - Upon entering a house the first thing I do is open all heavy drapes and let the sun in. It may be considered a person's castle, but no one wants to live in a dark home.
- Overpowering colors - Paint is a small investment to make if your home has loud colors in every room. Those colors may be your unique style but a neutral palette is something more people can work their imagination around.
- Pet or cooking odors - One of the problems with odors is that the owner is usually accustomed to them. If you have any doubt, get an independent opinion. When someone walks into a home they expect it to have a pleasant smell.
- Overgrown landscaping and a poor entrance - These items will often prevent someone from ever getting through the door. Buyers may just cross it off their list just from the drive-by.
- Inflexibility with showings - If agents have a difficult time showing your home you need to know how much this can impair its potential sale. With so many other properties available, they just may not bother to try for a second time.
- Dirt of any kind - Above everything, your home needs to be as immaculate as possible. People will look in closets, cupboards and in the basement. Go through every room in the house. Hire a crew if you must.
Now, more than ever, your home needs to shine - because you will never have another chance to make a good first impression.
"Ten Things Home Buyers Will Simply Not Tolerate Right Now"
This post was written by
Claudette Millette, Broker, Owner, The Buyers' Counsel - (508) 881-6230
An Exclusive Buyer Brokerage serving the Greater Metrowest area
Keller Williams Preferred Realty
By Carla Freund Realty Team
Find Carla Freund Realty Team online:
Created by Quinky - Freepik.com
Contact Carla Freund, Broker, Keller Williams Preferred Realty, Licensed Realtor® in North Carolina at 919-602-8489 to list your property for sale or to purchase a property in Cary, Raleigh, Morrisville, Apex, Fuquay-Varina, Garner, Holly Springs, Pittsboro, Durham, Chapel Hill, Johnston County, and the surrounding areas.
Now accepting referrals.**Not meant as a solicitation to individuals already working with a Professional Real Estate Agent.**
Disclaimer: The information provided herein is supplied by several sources and is subject to change without notice. The Raleigh - Cary Home Reviews Blog, Keller Williams and Carla Freund does not guarantee or is any way responsible for its accuracy, and provides said information without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied. Entries on Raleigh - Cary Home Reviews represent the opinions and ideas of the author(s). Raleigh - Cary Home Reviews Blog does not express the views of Keller Williams, or those of the broker.
How can International Buyer Find Homes in Raleigh, Cary, Durham, Chapel Hill and Triangle Areas?
International Real Estate Search Translated into other Languages and Currencies: