Below Mary talks about The Top Ten Reasons to List a Home During the Holidays! She makes some very valid points. Another point to add is interest rates are so low, there could be buyers ready to make a move and looking for a good home before the spring market hits.
There are predictions of pent up demand. Once they're convinced the market is definitely improving, we may see a rush of people trying to get in on the last of the good deals.
My suggestion to buyers is to get with a Great Realtor® now and begin the mortgage process.
Yes, It is October and the Holidays are Coming. In just 3 Short Weeks the Halloween Deco will come down and the Thanksgiving and Christmas/Hanukkah Decorations will come out of the Closets. This is a Great Time to List a Home and there are even more reasons this year to List during the Holiday Season.
With the Present Moritorium on Foreclosures, the Inventories should draw down and that will mean less competition for sellers putting their homes on the market during the holidays and may mean a better opportunity for a quicker sale with less hassles.
Here are the top 10 reasons to List this time of year:
- People who look for homes this time of year are serious buyers and not just out there to wear down your carpets. Serious Buyers pay more for a home. So you get less inconvenience and more serious buyers.
- In January and forward into the spring there will be dramatically more homes coming to market every day. With more competition, there will be less demand for a particular home.
- Serious Buyer have fewer houses to chose from during the holidays which in turn means less competition and more money for you.
- Houses show better when decorated for the holidays. Buyers are more emotional during the holidays and a well decorated house with that cinnamon and apple smell with the pine from the tree will affect their buying decision.
- Buyers may have more time to look for a home with time off during the holidays and winter vacation breaks.
- Many people want to buy before the end of the year for tax reasons.
- Traditionally people are transferred at the end of the year and they will need to find new homes and won't be able to wait until spring to buy.
- You can be on the market and still restrict showings during family times on the holidays.
- You may be able to get more money now and extend closing or delay occupancy until next year.
- By Selling now, you could be a Non-contingent (IE No house to sell) buyer in the spring when many more homes are available for less money. (Buy low, sell high)
If we can help your home selling or home buying decision, please contact us.
300 Colonial Center Pky #100
ABR, CIPS, CRP, CRS, ePRO, GRI, SRES
Keller Williams Preferred Realty
By Carla Freund Realty Team
Find Carla Freund Realty Team online:
Created by Quinky - Freepik.com
Contact Carla Freund, Broker, Keller Williams Preferred Realty, Licensed Realtor® in North Carolina at 919-602-8489 to list your property for sale or to purchase a property in Cary, Raleigh, Morrisville, Apex, Fuquay-Varina, Garner, Holly Springs, Pittsboro, Durham, Chapel Hill, Johnston County, and the surrounding areas.
Now accepting referrals.**Not meant as a solicitation to individuals already working with a Professional Real Estate Agent.**
Disclaimer: The information provided herein is supplied by several sources and is subject to change without notice. The Raleigh - Cary Home Reviews Blog, Keller Williams and Carla Freund does not guarantee or is any way responsible for its accuracy, and provides said information without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied. Entries on Raleigh - Cary Home Reviews represent the opinions and ideas of the author(s). Raleigh - Cary Home Reviews Blog does not express the views of Keller Williams, or those of the broker.
How can International Buyer Find Homes in Raleigh, Cary, Durham, Chapel Hill and Triangle Areas?
International Real Estate Search Translated into other Languages and Currencies: