NC Style Homes - 7 Money Saving Home Staging Tips with Great Return on Investment
Preparing your Raleigh - Cary - Durham - Chapel Hill Area Home for Sale
More Great Home Staging Tips from Dallas Home Staging Star, Karen Otto! These are things you can and should do yourself. When I help a home seller get their home sold, they have most likley completed these task. After we get a contract on their home and begin the search of finding a new home, they're really amazed when they go into homes where the owners didn't perform simple task such as these. They're so easy!
Home staging is on a fast track to becoming an industry standard for selling homes in many markets. Here in Dallas, TX we're no exception. The most cost effective service provided by professional home stagers is a home staging consultation and many Realtors are offering this as a value added marketing service to their listing packages.
Even after receiving tips and information from a home staging consultation, a client may feel they have no budget to update their possibly very dated home.
A professional home stager worth their salt can offer up solutions for budget challenges even if the home seller can't afford to do a whole lot. Home stagers aren't in the business of making you spend more money but investing some to get you the best return along with providing real life, cost effective solutions to challenges you may have whether it be budget or design (aesthetic) related.
Here are 7 Money Saving Home Staging Tips with Great ROI & Results
- Remove dark colors and wallpaper. In the vast majority of homes painting a light, warm, neutral color is the best way to go.
- Remove heavy window treatments (or at least the valance & allow the side curtains to hang straight not "swagged")
- Get rid of excess large furniture (even taking the top of a china hutch off, eliminating a table leaf or removing a chair or two helps)
- Clear the clutter to storage! If you don't have time to sort before photos, sort once you move!
- Remove tablecloths and knitted doilies from all tables.
- Strongly consider removing or repurposing area rugs.
- Edit, edit, edit! Pack up ALL dusty faux floral arrangements, collectibles and knick knacks smaller than a cantaloupe. Less is often more when selling a home!
Even if you can't afford higher-end updates or the purchase or rental of home furnishings, minimizing your décor & bringing in natural light can go a long way for a little buck ! Home staging can be affordable and give you a great return on your 'sweat equity' investment. Getting the advice from a home staging professional in your area is the first step to know where to focus and how to do it!
If you liked this blog then you'll love this one: No Budget for Staging? Shop your house!
- Pre-list home staging property consultations
- Post list "trouble shooting" property consultations - no matter how long a home has been on the market there are always ways to improve the chance of sale
- Owner occupied property staging (utilizing owner supplied furniture & accessories or including some of our own inventory)
- Vacant & investment property staging (Full and partial rental furniture packages, accessories and staging services)
- Is your office interested in hosting a home staging class or presentation? Just ask!
- Contact Karen at 496-964-0516 or Karen@homestarstaging.com Interested in starting your own Home Staging Business in Texas, OK or North West LA? I can help! Click the link below in the Staging & Redesign Box!
Home Staging Dallas - Karen Otto
Presented by: Carla Freund Realty Team
Triangle Real Estate Advice:
What to do when Relocating to Raleigh, Cary, Durham, Chapel Hill and Triangle Areas?
How do I Prepare to Buy a Home in Raleigh, Cary, Durham, Chapel Hill and Triangle Areas?
How do I Find Homes for Sale in Raleigh, Cary, Durham, Chapel Hill and the Triangle Areas?
How to Sell My Home in Raleigh, Cary, Durham, Chapel Hill and Triangle Areas?
What's the difference between Automated Home Values, CMA, and an Appraisal?
Why use a Realtor to Sell your home? Why use the Carla Freund Realty Team?
How's the Real Estate Market in Raleigh, Cary, Durham, Chapel Hill and Triangle Areas?
By Carla Freund Realty Team
Find Carla Freund Realty Team and NC Style Homes online:
Contact Carla Freund, Broker, Keller Williams Preferred Realty, Licensed Realtor® in North Carolina at 919-602-8489 to list your property for sale or to purchase a property in Cary, Raleigh, Morrisville, Apex, Fuquay-Varina, Garner, Holly Springs, Pittsboro, Durham, Chapel Hill, Johnston County, and the surrounding areas.
Now accepting referrals.**Not meant as a solicitation to individuals already working with a Professional Real Estate Agent.**
Disclaimer: The information provided herein is supplied by several sources and is subject to change without notice. The Raleigh - Cary Home Reviews Blog, Keller Williams and Carla Freund does not guarantee or is any way responsible for its accuracy, and provides said information without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied. Entries on Raleigh - Cary Home Reviews represent the opinions and ideas of the author(s). Raleigh - Cary Home Reviews Blog does not express the views of Keller Williams, or those of the broker.
How can International Buyer Find Homes in Raleigh, Cary, Durham, Chapel Hill and Triangle Areas?
International Real Estate Search Translated into other Languages and Currencies: