If you're struggling with trying to blog and get on Active Rain on a regular basis then this blog by Karen Fiddler is a must read. I admit, I find AR very valuable to Google Juice and I also find great info on AR. I'm one of those still figuring it out and how I can contribute. Getting on AR on a regular basis, reading other blogs, subscribing to other blogs, and commenting back and forth really goes a long way. There's still more to learn. Plus, I'm certain AR will always look for way to improve. So good luck to all those like me are are still trying to grasp all there is to do with AR.
I hear this all the time......"How can you keep up on blogging when you're so busy?" I hear this from agents and I hear this from clients. I have quite a few clients who read my blogs regularly. I've actually been called a junkie....well, maybe. And I am an early riser, which helps. But the fact of the matter is I care about maximizing my Active Rain account (yes, that means points), so I need to work it into a daily routine.
So if it helps, here is my daily plan on Active Rain:
1) First thing in the morning, I log onto Active Rain and check my "points summary." I always start here to see if any of my posts have been reblogged. I always stop by to read those and thank the blogger for the reblog. ( and yes, that's 25 points per comment).
2) Next I check the Daily Drop and Featured Posts. Often there is a theme for that day, and I like to see what that is, and comment on any/all interesting discussions.
3) I then check my favorite bloggers' posts to see what they are talking about....and between them and the main blog roll, I finish up my comments. For points anyway. It's not that I will only comment on 10 blogs per day....I check back frequently throughout the day, but I do want to capitalize on the morning time to get the basics out of the way. I have never found a day when I couldn't find 10 posts interesting enough to comment upon.
4) After I finish my comments, I then look to see about writing a blog post. There are many avenues for this:
* I review the previous day's activity...anything interesting there? Successes or Failures?
* I reread the featured posts and Daily Drop to see if I can add to a discussion via post
* I think about my day outside of real estate
* I consider if I have an opinion/motivation that might inspire anyone else (this is one of those)
* I embarrass my family....or Alan May....those always work
* I support the Lakers, although that's tough right now :/
A quick read through my blog would certainly show that the above is true. You get the idea. All this takes me less than half an hour in the morning....provided the coffee is strong. I also supplement these steps throughout the day. Sometimes a post will present itself later in the day, or I find some spare time. But normally I can knock out the basics first thing in the morning....even on a busy day.
And here's another quick tip. If you haven't built up a solid base of readers yet, blogging in the morning is a great way to have your post seen in the blog roll by the most agents. I hear evening is good too....but again, I'm an early riser, so evening (yawn) seems too late for my to engage in intelligent conversation.
The Fiddler Realty Team/eVantage Real Estate
Lic # 01494165
Serving all of Orange County, California Real Estate!
Buyer's Agents, Listing Agents, Short Sales, REOs, Equity Sales, Investors
SEARCH THE MLS HERE
Keller Williams Preferred Realty
By Carla Freund Realty Team
Find Carla Freund Realty Team online:
Created by Quinky - Freepik.com
Contact Carla Freund, Broker, Keller Williams Preferred Realty, Licensed Realtor® in North Carolina at 919-602-8489 to list your property for sale or to purchase a property in Cary, Raleigh, Morrisville, Apex, Fuquay-Varina, Garner, Holly Springs, Pittsboro, Durham, Chapel Hill, Johnston County, and the surrounding areas.
Now accepting referrals.**Not meant as a solicitation to individuals already working with a Professional Real Estate Agent.**
Disclaimer: The information provided herein is supplied by several sources and is subject to change without notice. The Raleigh - Cary Home Reviews Blog, Keller Williams and Carla Freund does not guarantee or is any way responsible for its accuracy, and provides said information without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied. Entries on Raleigh - Cary Home Reviews represent the opinions and ideas of the author(s). Raleigh - Cary Home Reviews Blog does not express the views of Keller Williams, or those of the broker.
How can International Buyer Find Homes in Raleigh, Cary, Durham, Chapel Hill and Triangle Areas?
International Real Estate Search Translated into other Languages and Currencies: